Thursday, October 3, 2013

FraterFest Read-A-Thon

 Fraterfest is over. I enjoyed it and hope to participate again next year.
Here are the books I finished
9972882  7631105  51428  

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. I hope to see you at the next challenge.

It's time for the FraterFest Read-A-Thon. It will be my first time participating in this read-a-thon. I'm excited to get to work on my TBR pile. For those of you that have never participated it is a bump in the night read-a-thon, celebrating everything Rhiannon Frater. You can read anything scary, vampire, ghost, shape-shifter, zombie ect. I think you can also read mystery's. If you are interested in participating check it out in the link to the right.

What I wanted to read
7631105  99383 39346
  • The Scorch Trials by James Dashner: Finished the book today(October 5, 2013)it was a fast read and I enjoyed the story. I just don't get the whole trial stuff. It's a little unrealistic. I think I will have to read the third book to decide if I really like the series.
  • Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
  • Stake That by Mari Mancusi: I couldn't read these two books. I didn't get to the library fast enough on Friday and the library is closed on Saturday.
I ended up reading a book I had on my nook
    9972882
  • Juliet Immortal by Stacy Jay  
This book was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed the new take on  Romeo and Juliet. I can't wait to pick up the second in the series.

My Goals
  1. Finish 3 books
  2. Participate in 3 challenges
  3. Visit every participates blog once


Challenge 1
Thirst Buster 

In this challenge we are asked to list our favorite drinks and a book we are looking forward to reading.

Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe
 My go to drink when I'm reading in the fall
  • Hot chocolate with peppermint mocha creamer
The book I'm looking forward to reading for this read-a-thon

 99383  I have really enjoyed this series since I discovered it.

 I hope everyone is joining in the fun and reading some great books.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome selection of books and that drink sounds perfect it is only 55 here today...brrr. Thanks for joining Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been having about the same weather here. That's why my mind went to hot chocolate. I love adding different creamer to change it up.

    ReplyDelete