Sunday, October 13, 2013

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon Last Post

dewey 
I had a blast joining Dewey's read-a-thon. I had a lot of unexpected interruptions but, I got to enjoy a day of reading, with a little blogging and playing thrown in.

  1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 22
  2.  Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I really enjoyed Unwind by Neal Shusterman today.
  3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?I can't think of anything.
  4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? I think everything is great.
  5. How many books did you read?2
  6. What were the names of the books you read?Unwind by Neal Shusterman and Blood Rites by Jim Butcher
  7. Which book did you enjoy most?The Blood Rites had a lot a laughs. It helped while I was tired.
  8. Which did you enjoy least? I Read 10 pages in to Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams. I tired and knew I wouldn't be able to considerate on the strange words and names.
  9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?No I think they were great.
  10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?I intend to participate next time. I enjoy reading but I would like to visit other sights more. Maybe I'll sign up for a little cheer leading next time.
Lets see how I did with my goals
My Goals
  1. 4 books. I only read 2
  2. 1100 pages. I got 721 pages read
  3. Visit 50 blogs during read-a-thon. I think its closer to 30. I didn't keep track.
  4. Read 40 minutes out of every hour. I have no idea  how many minutes I read. I was side tracked by visitors. They ate up 3.5 hours. I could have been blogging or reading during that time.
Next read-a-thon I plan on being better prepared. I also plan to change the way I read and blog during the challenge. 
I hope you all join in the next time.  

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on making it to the end!
    I really recommend cheering. it's fun and you really get to chat with others more. See ya next time! #teamTiger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on staying with it until the end! I had some unexpected interruptions as well..I keep saying that some year (when I have money) I am going to check in to a hotel for the read-a-thon, hopefully one with a hot tub :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about a hotel to yesterday. I was thinking I could get it for 2 nights. First night spend with my husband. Then wake up and start my reading. I could lay in the hotel bed all day. I didn't think about the hot tub. That would be even better. It's not going to happen but, I wish it would.

    ReplyDelete