Today for the Read-a-Thon we are asked about our favorite female Character. Karrin Murphy is one of my favorites. She is the lead detective in the Special Investigations unit for the Chicago PD. She is barely 5 foot, blond, and looks like a cheerleader. She resents the cheerleader description and the others in the book don't want to be caught thinking it, let alone saying it. She is intelligent, strong, caring, and capable to handle anything that comes her way. If you want to know more about Karrin you can check her out in the Dresden Files Series written by Jim Butcher.
Challenge 3: Page 99 Test
- If you have never done this before, the object of the game is to pick a book you have not yet read, turn to page 99 and read that page.
- Then you give a synopsis of that page and tell us if, based only on that page, would you want to read this book?
- Please remember to give a synopsis ONLY, no spoilers and no plagiarism.
On this page a female is being questioned in a room. The man doing the questioning, a Commander, is getting angry at the lack of cooperation. The page ends with him sending all other personnel out of the room.
I really want to know what is going on now. I just want to refresh my memory and read the first book in the series first.
What I've Read So Far
- Day 1- I read 298 pages and finished The Sound of Rain by Anita Stansfield. I Started Alien Taste by Wen Spencer
- Day 2-I read 50 pages of Alien Taste by Wen Spencer.